Iberian Property Group
Iberian Property Group are able to guide you through the entire purchasing process. We can advise you on local areas, property prices, currency exchange and assist you in obtaining the relevant documentation required to purchase your dream home in Spain.
Once you have found your perfect property and decided to proceed with the purchase, the buying process will begin.
We strongly advise that all buyers contract the services of a lawyer or legal advisor, to proceed with the purchase.
Your lawyer will advise and assist you through every stage of the buying process, including:
- Verify that the purchase contract is correct and covers your best interests
- Carry out the necessary property searches and ensure the property is free of any debts or incumbrances
- Obtain your Power of Attorney if you are not present for completion
- Help you to obtain an NIE number
- Prepare all necessary documentation for the Notary
- Accompany you to the Notary for the signing of the title deed and translate all documents to you
- Register the new title deed
- Arrange for all utilities to be transferred into your name
Once you have completed the purchase of your new home, your lawyer will then be available to assist you with your further needs, for example:
- Assist you to make an annual tax declaration
- Prepare your Spanish will
- Make an application for residency, if you decide to live here permanently
At Iberian Property Group we can recommend lawyers whose services we have used on many occasions and who we have found to be efficient, reliable and professional. The services of other professionals that may we recommend are in no way connected to our business, so if you do not have your own legal adviser, then we can confidently recommend their services.